MAPCU pool competition

Yesterday I represented my university (IMU) for the MAPCU pool competition, this year hosted by Taylors college. The event was held at A-Que snooker centre (has pool as well) in Taylors Sunway campus (Leisure commerce). Block B3 7th floor.


One thing to note about this centre, the Malaysian National Pool, as well as National Snooker championships were held there! That was just recently in August-September. With big names like Ibrahim Amir!

And as I went to A-Que, I could tell why they held it there. The place was:
  1. fully air-conditioned,
  2. did not feel stuffy at all,
  3. had alot of smoke though (but it's similar everywhere),
  4. literally, many Snooker and Pool tables,
  5. tables were kept well enough,
  6. cues provided are pretty good,
  7. and lastly, it's always packed!

It's my first time playing in this competition and it went like this.

The match started soon after 2 of which I arrived there not too long before. I did have a stomach-ache though (that wasn't good)- must have been a Nasi Lemak the night before. Before I could even lay my cue on a few balls I was told to start.

Btw, the event consisted of (per university - total 6 uni's):
  • 2 males singles,
  • 2 females singles,
  • 1 mixed doubles.

And so the matches began. I felt rather uneasy at first considering I had not used or even touched my personal pool cue for over a year now. Also, the balls moved very fast (i.e. even a soft touch the ball would travel up & down the table).


-----------------------------------------
MATCH 1 - vs INTI college Nilai
-----------------------------------------
won 2-0
This match was rather a blur for both myself and Rhidzmil (if i spelt correctly). Both him and I were making many silly mistakes and couldn't control the ball. But he was a good sport! That I liked. NICE ONE!


-----------------------------------------
MATCH 2 - vs HICT (HELP university)
-----------------------------------------
won 2-0
For this match, I thought I had a problem. The guy was good and he made wonderful shots. One I was amazed at was a close contact ball where he pulled out his Jump cue and managed to jump over the ball and pot the ball. That I applaud him! (Adrian).


-----------------------------------------
MATCH 3 - vs Taylor's college
-----------------------------------------
lost 2-1
Yeah from here on was a loss for me. Was missing all my shots for some reason. Just wasn't my day then. What was interesting was my opponent's name. Can you guess? It's BENEDICT!!! hahaha! how cool is that?

I was very disappointed with this match because he wasn't an extremely good player, not bad, but I just played badly. Anyway, cheers to him!

I moved to challenge for 3rd & 4th placing....


-----------------------------------------
MATCH 4 - vs HELP
-----------------------------------------
lost 2-0
This was the final round for the competition. This game was uncalled for actually. For both rounds I missed on the 8 ball and set it up for him. Moreover, I thought it was a race to 3 seeing the 1st and 2nd placing was a best of 5 match. But well, I lost. Once again, not my day.

HOWEVER, I'd like to thank my opponent, his name is Patrick. He was uberrrr nice! He was okay with playing till 3 rounds but the organizer didn't allow. Thanks alot man! That's great sportsmanship!

Until now, if you were wondering, my teammates got:
  • 2nd for females singles
  • 3rd for females singles
  • 3rd for mixed doubles

Overall for the competition, IMU got 3rd placing!!! :D
2nd placing - Taylor's college
1st placing - INTI college Nilai


AND IN THE END, no excuses, I just played badly. I felt really disappointed, as I let the team down in a sense. Had I got 3rd placing at least, I'm certain we could've got 2nd or 1st place.

*for every category, 1st = 7 points, 2nd = 5 points, 3rd = 3 points, 4th = 1 point


The lesson learnt today is,
  1. practice with you're own cue to get used to it,
  2. make sure you're accustomed to different speeds of tables(practice a little there 1st),
  3. be sure you don't make careless mistakes (I did alot!),
  4. and FINALLY,

YOU WIN SOME AND LOSE SOME!
can't always win can we? haha!

Congratulations to everyone who won, and also those who participated. Hope to meet you again! Thank God for the day, the matches, the people, and mostly for sportsmanship!

I'll place the pics when I get them :)

0 Comment Here!:

You have reached the end of the page
Navigate through older or newer posts in the above.

come back soon & be updated with the latest BeN'Z happenings.
GOD BLESS YOU & HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Copyright of BeN'Z ver 12 2012.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More