FOOD BLOGS!!!


This is what you must have come here to see today! The continuation of

"This is because"
from yesterday's post (click here)

In due time I shall explain. But before I move any further, I must say that this is not an official BeN'Z review. Reason being the two sites I shall compare today have just sprouted from the earth several days back!



They are:




To begin, I'm dedicating this post to these two sites, not because they're
FAR OUT awesome or something. Simply because they were both done by my two friends and it'd be a nice start for them.


Geoh Soon created ... Eat Till U Drop
Wei Phin created ... my Tummy n'I



These two guys are rather good friends amongst. And the first thing you'd notice comparing both sites is - THEY POST THE SAME STUFF!!!
(almost that is)





--------------------------------------------------------------
I laughed as this doesn't affect me. However, disputes may arise and jeopardize friendship.

I did suggest they both combine to make one OUTSTANDING site. But i guess it's too much of a give and take.
--------------------------------------------------------------





............................................
Now lets talk business!!!
............................................


1. Eat Till U Drop

Pros
  • He uses a nice template that makes it look yummy! Very much of a child-like idea. This makes the posts a wee bit more interesting!
  • The pictures although not professional, illustrates what readers want to see. Pictures of the dishes and the not so necessary but a plus, pictures of the cooks and preparation!
  • The use of Malaysian languages ranging from Malay, Chinese, (I didn't see indian); gives a homely feeling like the header "Malaysia's Food Blog".


Cons
  • I did say the outlook is good, but somehow I feel the site is messy. Probably insufficient line spacing or the arrangement of sidebar items.
  • Although the idea is good, the description does not do justice. He mainly speaks about how the food is worth-while but lacks to mention why it's as such?!
  • I didn't like the catch line of TRUST ME! This is a personal opinion of course. No offense in any way. But to me I find myself asking why should I trust him?

Overall - It's a site that may be worth going to if you want to scout places for certain foods.






2. my Tummy n'I

Pros
  • The template used is very light and does not flood the readers mind and run the eyes.
  • The good camera shots makes the food look very tasty!
  • His posts are detailed enough to make you taste that dish at times. But a better focus is the fact he explains about the dish and gives an honest opinion.
  • The easy access to an online map to guide viewers to the location is a well thought idea.


Cons
  • The layout is very plain and somewhat boring. Although it does make the food and posts stand out. I suppose that's all that matters right?
  • At times, I believe there are just too many words. It may be a good thing as well as bad depending how you look at it. But for now, I think it's alright.
  • Some pictures would have been great if they were larger. Meanwhile, more pictures may be help too!

Overall - This may be promising for interested food people. But work-up is still required.






All in all, I'm looking forward to this food bash from both parties. To me, I think it's an interesting start. How long it can be maintained on a regular and which one will flourish; only time will tell.

In the meantime, more places for me to indulge my taste-buds that crave for mouth watering food!



Thank goodness I didn't do food blogs or some-sort! Mine goes freelance from where when what how why. Basically whatever I want! haha. It's a whole lot of dedication to do such commercial sites. On the other hand, it does reward faster and better.


Redirect to Eat Till U Drop , click here.
Redirect to my Tummy n' I, click here.


Disclaimer: This is in no way to criticize any party referred to. It's just an honest BeN'Z opinion!

4 Comment Here!:

After checking out both blogs, I prefer the second one more than the first. Although the layout is simpler, but it's neat as a whole. Plus, you are definitely right about the pictures.

thanks for the review... pls note that both of us are not competing with each other.. thanks..

I like the second one too! More professional and I do not mind the words.

Dropped by from Nuffnang.

You have reached the end of the page
Navigate through older or newer posts in the above.

come back soon & be updated with the latest BeN'Z happenings.
GOD BLESS YOU & HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Copyright of BeN'Z ver 12 2012.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More