Spinky's Pool Club Tournament!

[Long overdue, but. . .]

As i've said before, i regained my interest in pool very recently! The ideas of joining tournaments around and nationals are just exhilarating!




So here i played at the Spinky's Pool Club Tournament (Spank ME). hahaaaaa! The event is an 8-ball tournament where the grand prize of 1000 ringgit malaysia is awarded. Held at Spinky's pool club itself, myself, brother and friend aimed to take the title of champion!

After an entrance fee of RM50, we found out that every rack played is RM1.50. Hence, basically you're paying around 60 ringgit minimum by the end of group stages. (pretty gay I know) :P



Here's what happened on Friday 30th July, it was very interesting.

After waiting around 1 and a half hours before having my first game, I played the owner's brother (so i heard), and he said i was cheating because i use a snooker cue. With that I wasn't allowed to continue the tournament with my cue and had to use a pool cue. I was rather annoyed seeing World Players like my favorite: Steve Davis; uses a snooker cue in world class tournaments without arguments. Think rationally, in any event, using a snooker cue is more of a disadvantage than a pool cue!





Thank God, I won the match with a 2-0.

The next match I won 2-0 as well. With those two wins I had qualified through the group stages already. However, the organizer still made me play the 3rd player because it benefits him. As in, he gets money for every 2 racks remember?

This game i lost 2-0. It was very upsetting for me not because of the loss. It's because of what happened. The man I was playing had his wife and small little girl watching. After a few practice strokes i realized i could've easily taken him down. But i didn't want to you know... bully him in front of his family. So i let him win the first rack.

In the 2nd game i began to play a little seriously, and missed a shot. He then made a foul while bridging over another ball; moving another ball by accident with his cue. Guess what? He cheated and didn't give the foul; also the referee did not see it. Due to that, no foul and he finished the table. This made me really pissed because I gave him chance so as to not lose face in front of his family, on the other hand he cheated right in front of them. Grrr...




Ah well... I still made it through. The following day, Saturday 31st July, I lost to Alvin Chin 5-1. Yeah i know, a major trashing. I was happy because I finally found a real good opponent (Malaysian Snooker Player & owner of Sportsville). Although, I was disappointed because i lost 2 racks by me entering the white ball, 2 racks because the 8 ball got stuck, and only 1 rack he "sau kiu".



All in all, I guess I need to train up for nationals coming soon. But i still blame it on the cue problem. I'm currently in a dilemma which cue to use. Trying out with the pool cue for now. We'll see. Pray i play really well! :P

0 Comment Here!:

You have reached the end of the page
Navigate through older or newer posts in the above.

come back soon & be updated with the latest BeN'Z happenings.
GOD BLESS YOU & HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Copyright of BeN'Z ver 12 2012.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More